We designed Wave to be the most efficient high-speed camera available. It’s small, light, and insanely fast. It has unique capabilities allowing capture opportunities that were never possible before.
How fast is it?
Maximum FPS varies by resolution, but for typical cinema resolutions:
- 4K (4096x2176) - 422fps
- 2K (2048x1088) - 1,461fps
For scientific applications, by selecting a smaller frame size, Wave can shoot at up to 9,259fps (2048x128). Users can also dial in exact frame rates or use external triggers to synchronize Wave to a rotating or vibrating subject to act as a visual oscilloscope.
Whoa! How many pixels is that?
Wave processes up to 3,774,873,600 pixels per second continuously using a lightweight 5:1 compression. It sets a new level of efficient imaging, consuming less than 5nJ/px, or 5mW/(Mpx/s).
- Unlimited Capture time - Clip length is limited on by SSD size/space)
- No Trigger Setup - Push to record, push to stop
- Mōvi Pro Integration - start/stop recording from 2500ft away
- Small. Light. Robust. - The perfect little package.
- 1.5 hr runtime - Low average power draw on internal battery + A/C adapter and charger
- Non-Volatile Storage - Solid State Recording Power-down safe
- Global Shutter - Say goodbye to rolling shutter artifacts
- Locking E-Mount - Can be easily adapted to most lens mounts with simple mechanical adapters
- Camera body - 6061 Aluminum
- Mounting points - ¼ 20” and M3 on 4 sides
- Weight - 716g (including internal battery, SSD and E-Mount)
- Sensor Format - S35
- Lens Mount - Locking E-Mount
- Storage - Internal SSD
- Battery - Internal lithium
- Full specs - here
- Qty 1 - Wave Camera (2TB SSD)
- Qty 1 - Camera Charger/AC adapter (US plug but capable of 110/220V)
- Qty 1 - D-Tap to Wave power adapter
- Qty 1 - Set of lens mount shims
- Qty 1 - USB A-C cable
- Qty 1 - 3.0mm hex drive (straight tip)
- Qty 1 - Travel Case
- Mōvi Pro Wave Remote Control Cable - Remote start/stop cable from Freefly controllers through Mōvi Pro