The Mōvi Controller brings control the camera (pointing it, start/stop record, camera settings and FIZ) to one sleek console for Mōvi Pro, Mōvi Carbon and Mōvi XL. You can mount it to a tripod, or use the included neck harness to take your operations on the go.
This bundle includes a pair FRX Pro (900 MHz) modules, one for the Mōvi Controller and one for the Mōvi (Pro, XL or Carbon).*
Control of the pan, tilt, and roll come from a 2-axis joystick and any input knob you choose to assign to roll control.
- Roll control on Mōvi Controller will be limited to trimming or small adjustments. If you want full roll control, add Mōvi Wheels to your kit.
It provides gimbal telemetry from the Mōvi (Mōvi Pro, Mōvi Carbon or Mōvi XL) and allows the user to access Mōvi system menus to enable on the fly adjustment of key system parameters.
You can start and stop recording as well as control capture parameters from supported cameras, both on the Mōvi Pro and from the Mōvi Controller (and the MIMIC).
- If you are operating a RED camera that has RCP, you can control start/stop, camera parameters and playback through the RED RCP Cable, on Mōvi Pro or Mōvi XL. (Does not include RCP2 cameras like Komodo or V-Raptor)
- If you are operating an ARRI Alexa Mini, you can control start/stop of recording with the Mōvi Pro ARRI Start/Stop Cable.
- Control start/stop with Vision Research Phantom cameras (equipped with a FISCHER 12 PIN) with the Mōvi Pro / XL Phantom Start/Stop Cable.
- Start and stop your Freefly Wave camera with the Mōvi Pro Wave Remote Control Cable.
- With the Mōvi Pro LANC Serial Cable, you can start and stop recording remotely on LANC equipped cameras.
There are individual, dedicated hardware inputs to allow to control focus, iris and zoom.
- With a RED camera and Canon EF lenses on Mōvi Pro or XL you can control the focus and iris through the RED RCP Cable without external lens motors.
- For all other camera and lens combinations, through the integrated 3-axis lens control system in the Mōvi Pro and Mōvi XL, you can control compatible external lens motors, or with the integrated FIZ motors in Mōvi Carbon.
Live View and Playback
The Mōvi Controller also simplifies the remote control station by providing a quick-release mount and power for an LCD monitor and optional accessories to help mount your wireless video system.
- Integrated monitor mount with our 13mm Quick-Release
- With the optional 13mm Dual Quick Release Mount and an extra 13mm Plug, you can double your mounting options and install your video receiver behind your monitor.
A single v-lock battery will power your controller, monitor, wireless video system, and additional 5 or 12v accessories. There are several power outputs on the controller:
- 12V 3A 2-pin LEMO (not ARRI pinned)
- 12V 50W D-Tap (on the v-lock plate)
- 5V USB A (two!)
*You will need to be running 2.0 or higher firmware on your Mōvi and 4.0 or higher on your Controller to use this setup. This setup is not compatible with legacy systems including Mōvi M5/M10/M15 or WEDGE.
- Mōvi Controller
- Qty 1 - FRX Pro 900 MHz (for Mōvi Pro/XL/Carbon) (Pair)
- Qty 1 - USB A-A Cable (for firmware updates)
- Qty 1 - Focus Knob Label Ring
- Qty 1 - Neck Strap
- Qty 1 - Spare Receiver Mounting Tape
- Qty 1 - Controller Aux Power Cable (for monitors)
- Qty 1 - 300mm Mōvi Controller Receiver Cable for Mōvi Pro/Carbon/XL (COM to COM)
- Qty 1 - IDX P-VS2 V-Mount Battery Plate with Power Cable (installed on controller)
- Qty 1 - Monitor/Tripod Mount (installed on controller)
- Qty 1 - Foam designed to drop into Pelican 1500 cases
Current generation gimbals:
Current generation accessories/spares, paired with current gimbals:
- FRX Pro
- Mōvi Pro / XL RED RCP Cable
- Mōvi Pro ARRI Start/Stop Cable
- Mōvi XL ARRI Start/Stop Cable
- Mōvi Pro / XL Phantom Start/Stop Cable - Long
- Mōvi Pro Wave Remote Control Cable
- Mōvi Pro LANC Serial Cable
- Mōvi XL LANC Serial Cable
- Wired Control Kit (discontinued)
- Mōvi Controller Replacement Antenna
- Universal Start/Stop Adapter
- Mōvi Controller Receiver RP-SMA (discontinued)