The Freefly F.O.G. (Fiber Optic Gyro) upgrade expands the capabilities of the MōVI XL Cinema Robot, by increasing the stabilization performance and allowing one to take advantage of the MōVI XL’s surplus motor power, structural stiffness, and ability to shoot long lenses in harsh conditions.
Advantages of the FOG:
- Having 100x lower drift than the stock MEMS sensor (the only perceptible drift comes from the rotation of the earth)
- Resistance to vibrations
- Adaptability to high accelerations
- Lower noise and “random walk” than MEMS Sensors, for long lens shooting.
The FOG upgrade is designed for:
High speed car work, or any environment with significant, sustained acceleration
- Applications where any drift is very undesirable (techno crane, dolly, long lens, etc.)
- High vibration environments
- Timelapse / Hyperlapse (extremely precise pointing over long time periods)
- When you use your MōVI XL Cinema Robot constantly, and only want the best for it ;)
- 1x FOG with mounting kit
- 2x FOG Cable assembly
- 1x 3.0MM Hex Driver
See FOG instructions
See it in action
Requires MōVI XL firmware 1.5 or higher for FOG support.