Freefly RTK GPSAdd to Wishlist
RTK technology uses a pair of modules to increase positional accuracy. One module will be installed on your Alta X (Rover), and one will be stationary on the ground, connected to your ground station computer (Ground Station). The Ground Station module sends corrections to the Rover module to enable the high-precision location information.
This kit comes with everything you need to install the module on the Alta X, a magnetic quick-release mount to install the ground module to your existing tripod, and a 3m USB A-C cable for easy connection to your ground station computer.
You can either have us install it when you order an Alta X (look for it in the build menu), or you can install it yourself if you already have an Alta X.
- For RTK to function, you must use Alta Ground Control (on a ground station computer) with a long range radio telemetry link to the Alta X (such as the FRX Pro for Alta X).
- If the Ground Station module is not active or linked with a long range radio system, the Alta will have standard GPS accuracy.
- Early production modules will be 3D printed (MJF) before we switch over to molded parts. This doesn't impact performance or reliability.
- If your computer (MacBook Pro, etc) does not have USB A ports, you will need a USB A-C adapter.
- Utilizes 2 RTK GPS modules (U-blox ZED-F9P); one for aircraft (“Rover”), the other for ground (“Base Station”)
- Highest level GPS positional accuracy for Alta X
- Multiband L1/L2 receiver
- Includes IST8310 Magnetometer and BMP388 barometer, safety switch/LED and RGB LED
- Compatible with AltaSW 1.3+, PX4 1.9+
- Not compatible with Alta 8 Pro, Alta 8 or Alta 6.
- Qty 2 - RTK GPS modules (U-blox ZED-F9P)
- Qty 2 - Multi-band RTK GPS antennas
- Qty 3 - Bolt M3 x 16 SHCS (for mounting module to Alta X)
- Qty 1 - Magnetic mounting kit with ¼ 20 interface (for tripod, etc)
- Qty 1 - USB Right Angle Type C to Type A (3m/9.84’)