FREEFLY SYSTEMS ALTA DISCLAIMER AND WARNING
IMPORTANT - Please read this disclaimer and warning carefully and thoroughly review the ALTA User Manual prior to flight. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com prior to using the ALTA. You can review the most current version of the ALTA Setup Guide and ALTA User Manual at www.freeflysystems.com/software-manuals/.
By using the ALTA, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to this disclaimer. You agree that you are solely responsible for your conduct while using the ALTA, and for any direct or indirect consequences that may result from its use. You agree to only use the ALTA for proper purposes that are in accordance with local and airspace rules and regulations.
- ALTA is not a toy and should be operated with extreme care, as improper operation can cause damage to property, serious personal injury or death.
- As with any multi-rotor helicopter, the ALTA is a complex and technical machine. Novice pilots should invest sufficient time on a flight simulator and seek training from an experienced pilot prior to operation. The ALTA User Manual and a flight simulator are no substitute for training with an experienced pilot, particularly when it comes to learning how to safely operate the ALTA. Novice pilots should never fly without the supervision of an experienced pilot.
- Always check the ALTA and its components prior to operation.
- Always maintain a safe distance from the ALTA when in use.
- Never attempt to touch the ALTA when the propellers are moving.
- Never fly the ALTA over or around people, power lines or other aircraft.
- Never fly with any propellers that have visible imperfections or damage.
- Always keep children and animals a safe distance away from the ALTA when in use and when changing configurations.
- Always remove the propellers or power ALTA using a low power source when making a change to the configuration of the ALTA to prevent propeller strikes in the event of unintentional motor starts.
- Always remove the configuration jumper when making changes to the configuration of the ALTA.
- Always test the ALTA with the propellers removed to make sure that the motors are spinning in the correct direction and that the motor assignment is correct with respect to the Synapse Flight Controller. If you have either of these wrong, the ALTA will be uncontrollable and dangerous.
- It is your responsibility to perform a full system check of the ALTA prior to every flight.
- It is your responsibility to learn how to safely operate the ALTA and to adhere to all applicable rules and regulations.
- Fly at your own risk.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL FREEFLY BE LIABLE TO BUYER FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE ALTA OR FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS (HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY), EVEN IF FREEFLY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL FREEFLY’S LIABILITY FOR A PRODUCT (WHETHER ASSERTED AS A TORT CLAIM, A CONTRACT CLAIM OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID TO FREEFLY FOR SUCH PRODUCT. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL FREEFLY’S LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY BUYER TO FREEFLY FOR PRODUCT IN THE LAST TWELVE (12) MONTHS. IN NO EVENT WILL FREEFLY BE LIABLE FOR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OR SUBSTITUTE GOODS BY BUYER. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL APPLY TO ALL LIABILITIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST BUYER. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
Freefly shall not be liable for damages or injuries incurred directly or indirectly from the use of the ALTA including, but not limited to, the following situations:
- Failure of operator to follow proper instructions and safety warnings found at www.freeflysystems.com/software-manuals/.
- Failure of the operator to follow onboard safety warnings while using the ALTA.
- Failure of the operator to follow and comply with local rules and regulations.
- Failure of the operator to inspect the ALTA and its components prior to operation.
- Failure of the operator to properly maintain and/or service the ALTA through an authorized Freefly Service Center with genuine ALTA parts.
- Use of third-party products on the ALTA.
- Use of the ALTA in a physically or mentally impaired capacity.
- Use of the ALTA without sufficient training.
- Use of the ALTA in unsafe conditions, including, but not limited to, bad or severe weather, such as rain, wind, snow, lightning, dust storms, etc., or in areas of magnetic or radio interference, such as power stations, broadcasting and cell phone towers, government prohibited airspace, etc.
- Improper operation, misjudgment or risky behavior while using the ALTA.
- Infringement of third party data, audio or video rights recorded when using the ALTA.